So, a bit to talk about today.
First of all I'm writing this from my new phone, an Apple IPhone4 that I picked up yesterday, and I have to say that initial findings are ones of contentment. It's such a shame really; I've spent the last 12 months knocking the phone in favour of the Google Android OS. The reason for changing my mind over this is that Motorola, the manufacturer of my old phone, stopped supporting it and Google didn't offer a way for me to update the OS myself. This meant that my phone was running on a version of Android that was 12 months out of date and so many apps and the OS itself didn't work properly. Not so with the IPhone, which only needs to support one hardware type.
Right, onto why today is so awesome so far. The district nurse has just left after changing all of the dressings on my wounds, with the minimum of pain and tickling, and has made the following statement when working on my abdomen: "Oooh! That top part has fully dried out and is growing new skin over it. As to the main wound, well a week ago it was almost 2cm deep; now it's 5mm if that!"
Hoping that, by Friday/Saturday, my main abdomen wound will be to the same stage as the small part at the top - beginning to try and grow skin.
So the aim for the rest of my day is to relax, rest up, and then hopefully head up to my GP surgery this afternoon to pick up my new Sick Note for work. May even try and stop in at the village gallery on my way home too, if I feel up to it. They're doing a seaside art exhibit at the moment and it sounds lovely!
If you fancy giving it a look: Http://www.haddenhamgallery.co.uk
Anyway, guess that's it for now.
Because life is worth more living.
David
No comments:
Post a Comment