Search This Blog

Sunday, 13 February 2011

Want a piece of my mind?

No? Tough; here it is.

I think I've finally found a measure of peace within myself towards the surgery that I had back in December.

It happened this evening when I was doing a full change of the equipment that goes over my stoma. I was stood in the bathroom, music playing and heater on, when I suddenly realised that I had done it all without realising, minimal revulsion and very quickly.

Rapid check to make sure I had actually changed everything and then it hit me. Success!

Long may this feeling last, well hopefully at least until I'm allowed to get up off lying on the sofa and get about my evening business again - so about 15 minutes give or take a bit.

Also discovered that Gordon (yes, I named my stoma (just like his namesake Mr. Ramsey he can be loud and foul mouthed at times)) is ticklish. If I change my bag or clean him then he gets all tickly; it's weird for me as I'm generally not that ticklish. Either that or he's doing a happy dance for being all clean/having a clean home again. Who knows!

Well i guess that is all for now.

David
"Because life is worth living."

No comments:

Post a Comment