Search This Blog

Saturday, 5 February 2011

The mystery of failed shopping lists

... Or why I always return home with double what I went to buy.

Evening all;

Why oh why do I keep putting myself through this torture each time I go out to by something? I know it's a sign of good intentions and all that, but I have never managed to go shopping, with a list, and not add at least one (but usually several more than that) item to the basket/trolley?

Take this evening for example: I went out, list nicely typed up on my phone, and headed off to the nearest Tesco to purchase what I needed. Almost the instant after I enter the store and what do I do? Thats right. Went straight to the DVDs and Games aisles. So, after talking myself out of buying YET ANOTHER game this week, I go off to purchase the things that I do actually need. The result? Well I got what i needed but ended up adding a £7 pack of sirloin steak and some raspberry turnovers to the pile. *sigh* Why do I do this to myself?

I should just forget about using lists or send out the wife instead. Actually, that latter option has some promise to it - leaves me at home to complete the games I ALREADY own so then I no longer need to talk myself out of buying new ones in the future.

Anyway. Night all.

David
Because life is worth more living.

No comments:

Post a Comment